Whether you want to create websites without coding, or you need to learn WordPress so you can update existing websites at your job, I’ve got you covered.
In this brisk but thorough course we build a website together step-by-step and along the way you organically absorb and master WordPress. I’m all about having you follow along with me and I always encourage experimentation over memorization. My ultimate goal is to give you the “vocabulary of WordPress” so you can continue learning independently long after this course completes.
There is no prerequisite knowledge required and you do not need an existing website or web hosting account. You’ll be setup with a new free hosting account so you can begin learning WordPress immediately without needing to commit additional money for a dot com domain upfront (unfortunately students in India, Nigeria and Vietnam cannot sign up for the free 3 month starter hosting plan).
Here’s a summary of what we cover:
- Asking and answering “What is WordPress?”
- Setting up a new WordPress site/project
- Creating pages
- Creating blog posts
- Customizing the colors & theme of your website
- Embedding YouTube videos into your website
- Setting up custom navigation menus
- Creating photo galleries
- Inviting friends / family / coworkers into your WordPress (multiple authors)
- Asking and answering “What is a plugin?” & “What is a widget?”
- Letting visitors of your blog posts comment via their Facebook / Twitter accounts
- Configuring an interactive “Contact Us” page
- Guarding ourselves from comment and contact-form SPAM
- Using a custom homepage instead of a generic “blog listing”
- Moving our website (exporting and importing) from one location (domain or host) to another